JOB OPPORTUNITY AT INNOVATE NIAGARA: OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
Position: Office Administrator, Full-time
Reports to: Director of Operations
Created: May 18, 2018
Innovate Niagara is a member of the Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs (ONE), a network of regional and provincial not-for-profit organizations that deliver services and programs to help entrepreneurs to start, grow and succeed.
As the Regional Innovation Centre for Niagara, Innovate Niagara connects innovators to the people and programs required to bring their innovations to market through a suite of in-house programs, resource partners and network of incubation facilities.
Co-located with Innovate Niagara, the St. Catharines Enterprise Centre has the information, resources and tools entrepreneurs need to start and grow a business. The Enterprise Centre is a unique partnership between Ontario's Ministry of Economic Development & Growth (MEDG) and the City of St. Catharines' Economic Development & Tourism Services department (EDTS).
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Office Administrator is responsible for the following duties, in support of Innovate Niagara and the St. Catharines Enterprise Centre:
- Be the front-line position for clients and stakeholder inquiries via email, phone and in-person (walk-ins) and direct to appropriate person.
- Assist in the co-ordination of events including networking events and training/workshops delivered to clients.
- Maintain website – update content for events, news and newsletters using content management system.
- Send out newsletters to stakeholders.
- Coordinate the onboarding of new staff.
- Enter invoices and expenses in accounting system; prepare bank deposits; file accounting documents.
- Coordinate internal, board and client meetings. Take minutes during meetings.
- Maintain kitchen, printer supplies; manage room bookings.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Highly developed communication skills – written and oral
- Excellent customer service and skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to meet numerous deadlines and work well under pressure
- Team player
- Able to work independently, Self-starter
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong technical/multimedia skills with familiarity with Adobe Acrobat, MailChimp, Website management tools
- Familiarity with Quickbooks
- Recent graduate of Office Administration or similar program
Interested applicants are to apply via email to email@example.com by May 27, 2018. Please include a cover letter and resume.